Have you ever wondered whether yoga is for you? Why not try Chair Yoga, which is a great way to get the physical and mental benefits of yoga without having to do any advanced poses or extensive stretching.
So many reasons to practice chair yoga:
- It’s an excellent way to practice mindful movement, as it can help to reduce stress, improve posture, and increase flexibility.
- It can also help to improve balance, strengthen core muscles, and reduce pain in the body.
- Other fantastic benefits can include reduction in anxiety and depression, improvement of coordination, and increased mental clarity.
- No special equipment is necessary to practice chair yoga. All you need is a sturdy chair and a comfortable space to practice.
- It is a great way to get fit and have fun while doing it.
- Suitable for all ages and levels of fittness. You don’t have to be able to touch your toes.
It can help improve flexibility, strength and balance, and is also a great way to reduce stress and tension. There are so many different poses and sequences available online, so you can find something that works best for you.
Here are a couple of poses that you can practice in your chair any time:
1. Seated forward fold: Sit tall in your chair with your feet flat on the ground and your hands on your thighs. Take a deep breath in, and as you exhale, fold forward from your hips, reaching your hands towards the ground. Let your head and neck relax. Hold for a few breaths, then slowly come back up.
2. Chair pose: Stand in front of your chair with your feet hip-width apart. Inhale and raise your arms overhead, palms facing each other. Exhale and bend your knees, as if sitting back onto the chair.
More about chair yoga benefits.